The hike in the hacking and privacy intrusion attempts has made data protection a major concern. And to safeguard user’s precious data using best encryption tools for windows is necessary.So here is the list of Top 10 best encryption tools for windows.
The increase in hacking activities has resulted in a higher demand for tools for the protection of digital assets. Using the best free file encryption utility for windows is one of the best safeguarding options available right now. The encryption process transforms the data into an encoded piece of information using both a key and an algorithm. The authorized user can only decode the encoded data. So, here are the ten best encryption tools for Windows:
It is one of the most reliable encryption software out there, which is suitable for individuals as well as small teams within an organization. The software offers useful features like:
- Employment of 128-bit or 256-bit AES encryption.
- Capability to protect system files as well as cloud storage too.
- Available in various languages for the convenience of users around the globe.
- Passport management feature available.
- Access to encrypted files using a smartphone application.
Most of the employees access their company’s emails using their smartphones, and Folder Lock is one of the best encryption tools for mobile devices and computer systems:
- The application is capable enough to safeguard personal files, images, videos, notes, contacts, wallet cards, audios, and all other data present on your device.
- There are some hidden security features too, which includes:
- Decoy password.
- Hacker Deterrents.
- Logging unauthorized login attempts.
- Backing up all the passwords.
- Notifying about the potential attack.
- Decoy password.
CryptoExpert is one of the encryption tools for windows 10, 7, and 8. The software secures the user’s data by:
- Offering unlimited size data vaults for storing all your data.
- Using Cast, AES-256 encryption, 3DES, and Blowfish encryption algorithms and also flaunt fast on-the-fly operations.
- The software backups the entire user’s data, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other multimedia and text files.
The software is an effective encryption tool through which:
- The user can store and share all the important data without any exposure to the third party.
- The user can easily collaborate as well as communicate with other users with all the confidential data encrypted.
- The software has an automated security system, so the user needs not to do anything manually.
VeraCrypt can be considered one of the best encryption tools for windows 7 and other higher versions.
- The software is easy to use.
- Adds encrypted passwords to the entire user data as well as partitions.
- Choose the required hashing algorithm (AES, Serpent, SHA-2, Twofish) from the software, and the program will do the rest of the work.
- The software is immune to brute-force attacks.
BitLocker is among the best encryption tools for windows 10. It is a full-disk encryption tool that comes built-in with Windows 10. The software is a good data protection tool because:
- It uses AES-128 and 256-bit for encrypting data.
- It is easy to use and encrypts the whole of your system’s hard drive.
- The files get encrypted automatically once added to the system.
FileVault 2 is also among the best encryption tools for windows which:
- Provides full-disk encryption.
- Uses XTS-AES-128 encryption paired with a 256-bit key.
- It is a free encryption software.
DiskCryptor is an efficient encryption tool with the following features:
- open-source software.
- Easy to use.
- Full-disk encryption tool.
- Uses multiple encryption algorithms (AES, Serpent, and Twofish).
7-Zip is an open-source encryption tool with the following features:
- Encrypts specified files and document which contains sensitive information.
- Light and user-friendly software.
- Uses AES-256 encryption.
It is one of the simplest and effective encryption tools with features like:
- Dedicated file encryption tool where there is no requirement of creating a volume container to mount the encrypted files.
- One can share the encrypted file anywhere or at any cloud service without being afraid of any data breach.
Final Words On
Gone are the days when investing in cybersecurity was a luxury; it is a necessity now. Therefore, to create a strong security strategy and safeguard one’s data, it is imperative to use the best encryption tools for windows.